Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It Hurts to NOT Workout - Day 2


....and other post Hilton Head Health maladies...

  • I have to get up from my desk about every 45 minutes. After working out for 7 days straight, it hurts to be sedentary? It hurts to not workout? Is that possible? Is it like curing a hangover with a shot of tequila? Not that I've ever done that, but I've got friends you know. The more I exercise the less I hurt. Weird.



  • I feel very nervous around "treats" and "vending machines," and I'm surprised at how much of food I pass by on a daily basis are unwise choices. I'm a junk food crack fiend. I've got the shakes (actually that was from the morning run). I want to know how much one rib costs. (White people, this is both a food/dieting joke and addiction joke. Google it.)


  • I am triumphant...at least for today. I resisted the temptation of two of my favorite treats this Sunday. Baked donuts from Duck's Cosmic Kitchen (you can get them at Dancing Goats Coffee Bar in Decatur) and the Snickerdoodles at Ted's Montana Grill. I have a very bad sweet tooth.
I have faced the temptation of Chick-Fil-A. Chick-Fil-A is what I consider a wise fast-food choice. We went there for dinner tonight for a fundraiser for the monsters' school.

What a stroll through my neighborhood looks like. Some tress, some humans.

Here's how my day went:

Exercise Journal
30 min walk/run (Not a sunrise beach walk, but still good. A pretty good way to start the day with my husband)
1 set of 6 flights of stairs

Food Journal
Calorie - Food
230 - Flax Plus Raisin Bran w/ milk (love this cereal, was already a part of my diet)
025 - Strawberries
250 - Salmon (leftovers from last night)
035 - Dijon sauce
140 - Oatbread
036 - Butter (replaced salad with butter. no good psychology for this)
100 - Banana
220 - Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken and Fruit Salad
015 - Light Italian dressing
095 - 3 Tablespoons of Bruster's chocolate ice cream ( a treat!)

Weird Weightloss Tip
I still have the old treats in my desk: Oreos, Snackwell cookies, dark chocolate squares. I'm keeping them. Might eat them one day. But I put post-it notes on all food items in my desk drawer with the calories written very big. 6 Oreo cookies are 270 calories. So post-it note reads 270 calories. Funny thing is, I don't even like Oreo cookies.

Weird Weightloss Tip #2
Go to a fast food restaurant with 100 screaming 2-5 year olds. Instant appetite suppressant! Also instant birth control...

Right knee is hurting a little, slept like a baby last night (well at least a baby that sleeps through the night), thinking about yoga then fresh strawberries and yogurt from breakfast. What are you thinking about tonight? Strawberries? Yoga? Push-ups?

No comments:

Post a Comment